Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bose QC 20i earphones. Anyone using?

JohnXYZ

These are remarkable little earphones. Just tried them out in a Bose shop, and though they had potential for live use (me a keyboard player). The noise cancelling is pretty clever.

Anyone tried these live for monitoring?

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/home-and-personal-audio/headphones-and-headsets/acoustic-noise-cancelling-headphones/quietcomfort-20i-headphones/

Keyboards - Kurzweil PC3X, Korg Triton Extreme + Moss, Roland JX8P, Roland V-Synth. www.xyzband.info

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't tried them, but especially for the price, I think you could likely do much better for a live application for the following reasons:

1) The cable routing would get in the way for live performance. Pro IEMs have the cable going around the ear and behind the head.

2) At the SPLs of a stage environment, I doubt that noise cancelling would be effective - you need a good seal.

3) I wouldn't expect the cables and additional electronics to hold up in a live performance environment night after night. Pro IEMs have replaceable cables.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived