Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Question: External sliders on Korg workstation

Malpaugh

I reconfigured my Ocean Beach drawbars to send out midi cc's-specifically cc#7 (volume) on different midi channels. I want to control individual volumes in a split/layer combi on a Korg Kross. I created a piano/bass split Combi on channel 1 and am able to control both sounds on the 1st slider. However, if I set the piano to channel 1 and bass on channel 2 to control the relative volumes separately it works, BUT the keyboard won't trigger both sounds simultaneously as they're on different channels. What am I overlooking? Although I'm doing this on a Kross I think the answer would work for any of the Korg workstations and their architecture.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if I set the piano to channel 1 and bass on channel 2 to control the relative volumes separately it works, BUT the keyboard won't trigger both sounds simultaneously as they're on different channels. What am I overlooking?

If I remember correctly, the Korg's keyboards will always transmit on the Global channel as well as on the channel you specify. Usually, the Global and the Transmit channel are the same (both default to #1), but they don't have to be. So if you leave Global as 1, but set the Korg to play the sound on channel 2, I think you will get both the channel 1 and the channel 2 sounds at the same time when playing its internal keyboard. I'm not sure this will solve your problem, but it's something to try.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Archived