Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looking to buy an entry-level electronic keyboard.

lnvlnclble

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does it sound like something heavy, or metallic, or what?

I'd be a bit concerned with any rattling.

It doesn't sound too heavy. However... apparently, the highest 6 black keys don't seem to be tethered completely inside. You can actually lift the key pretty high out of the keyboard, and their sound is pretty much inaudible. Not sure if some sort of connection is loose or what.

That is a shame. It could be shipping damage. I had a DP that arrived all messed up and the seller replaced it immediately, with UPS picking up the damaged one. The seller said it happens if it took too much of a shock when being handled or transported.

If the upper black keys actually don't work properly (and based on your post, they don't), then I would recommend getting in touch with the seller and letting them know the situation (and politely asking for a replacement or refund).

That is a shame. It could be shipping damage. I had a DP that arrived all messed up and the seller replaced it immediately, with UPS picking up the damaged one. The seller said it happens if it took too much of a shock when being handled or transported.

If the upper black keys actually don't work properly (and based on your post, they don't), then I would recommend getting in touch with the seller and letting them know the situation (and politely asking for a replacement or refund).

It is a shame.. I really like this keyboard too. Honestly I don't think I'll ever even need those 6 black keys, at least not in the foreseeable future, but it would be nice to be able to resell it if I need to upgrade one day.

EDIT: I figured out the problem. The keys are resting too low, so unless you press them extremely hard, they make no sound. If you pull the keys slightly out to the height of the normal black keys and press down softly, they make perfect sound. Is this something that can be fixed?

I would guess that the keys broke some how in shipping. maybe they got smashed and broke inside, and the rattling you are hearing is little black key pieces moving around. That would suck. Sorry to hear it
I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

I would guess that the keys broke some how in shipping. maybe they got smashed and broke inside, and the rattling you are hearing is little black key pieces moving around. That would suck. Sorry to hear it

I've contacted the seller and will see if they will refund/replace it.

In any case, are the black keys in the last two octaves really used that often?

I've contacted the seller and will see if they will refund/replace it.

In any case, are the black keys in the last two octaves really used that often?

Are you kidding me? You seem willing to accept a broken keyboard here. If it were me, quite apart from feeling annoyed and unsatisfied every time I looked at the damned thing (never mind tried to play it) what about the resale value?

Get your money back, or a replacement

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

I agree with SSM. Get a refund!

It is probably possible to fix these, but it may be very expensive to do so. And yes, you need those keys.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Archived