Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I guess I should try some new ergonomics

CEB

Evidently this pain between my shoulder blades I have on Sundays and Mondays and sometimes Tuesdays is from piano playing.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You play sitting or standing? Posture? Sure it's not from slinging that Git Fiddle?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I sit on bench. I guess the guitar theory makes more sense. I have expanded my guitar playing to about a third of the show. I used to play very little guitar but a lot of the new country stuff we added this year we are going with dual guitars. I play some heavy wood. I've played piano forever without this problem. A soundguy was telling he gets the same type of pain from being over the console.

I guess it is the price I pay for living so long. LOL.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I've just started playing Bass again after a long time, and have noticed at the end of long rehearsals, the middle of my mid/upper back hurts. I think it's the weight of the strap hanging on my shoulders. It's probably something you'll (and hopefully I'll) adjust to.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

There have been more than a few threads over on the Guitar forum regarding straps as well.

Dan

Archived