Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT (Incredibly): Or Is It? (Clark Getting Bin Laden)

Two things:

1.) Let's say a Democrat is elected. The magic doesn't just happen. Wounds don't automatically heal. Let's say a Republican is elected or the same one is re-elected. Nothing changes overnight.

(I wanted to leave this next sentence out but included it for your viewing pleaseure) Americans must understand that they sometimes only have control over their own opinions and nothing more. (Pretty cynical, huh?)

There used to be a saying "My government, right or wrong." While I understand the idea behind supporting your leaders, it was an idea whose time had come due to the antiquated ideals behind the government truly speaking for everyone.

Activism may seem like a small thing in this day and age but it pays to voice your opinion, not necessarily to message boards like this (although that is your right), but to political groups which matter to you and to your own government.

2.) JohnnyB would use a lot less server space if he trimmed down his signature a little.

John

-----------

John\'s Songs

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Activism is neat, cool and expected in our country of freedoms.

It's interesting your opening line makes more sense then most of the protestors around here.

I find it funny how many folks seem to think the world came to an end the day G. Bush became president.

We didn't have any homeless, no poor, no very rich, no corrupt corporations, no no-bid contracts, no economic downturn, no corporate book cooking, no terrorist threat, no unilateral bombings, no unilateral wars, etc. prior to G. Bush winning the White House.

Shortsighted, no perspective whatsoever, no idea of history, just a constant diatribe about how bad the world is now.

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

Archived