Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Taylor mini GS

SEHpicker

I'm sure this has been discussed here before but I just had to comment on this guitar.

A buddy of mine wanted my help to find an acoustic guitar for under $500. Went to a couple of different retailers - nothing jumped out at me until we went to GC. My eye caught the beautiful lines and build quality of this little Taylor mini GS. But what blew my mind was how fantastic it played. Big, shimmering tone. And it's very comfortable to hold and play. Plus it was on sale for $425 - very nice soft case included. My buddy didn't get a chance to play it too much over the weekend - cause I was practically humpin on that little gem - it reminds me of my 1961 Martin 00-18 - only it plays BETTER!!!

Needless to say - I'm buying one as soon as possible.

Anyone else familiar with this guitar?

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe it is a shorter scale - but not as short as the Baby Taylor. I think they called it a 3/4 size.

Nothing small about it's voice though.

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mpVRW1Br9Jso5R8OrbiVe-w.jpg

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Have a buddy who sent his back as he just didn't care for the it. They come with 12's and I think they would feel a lot better if they had 11's on them. My brother bought one after testing many guitars in the price range at GC and felt it was the best deal and had better sound than the Seagull I suggested he try out. I played the Mini and thought it sounded great and played OK. It's a great campfire and travel guitar. If I were to buy one I would have the saddle lowered a little and run 11's on it and I'd be happy.

You should try before you buy as it's a subjective decision. I would rate them high for their price range, if you like the feel...

Take care, Larryz

Archived