Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

this is why you shouldn't have everything on your laptop.

yorgatron

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's rock and roll. :thu::laugh:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Indeed, I agree with the sentiment about laptops...I do everything at home in software (just so convenient), but I can't bring myself to trust it live, and it's a fiddly setup compared to my current setup (one hardware synth and one controller driving it).

That said, I was watching an old Styx video, a live version of Suite Madame Blue from 1976. Dennis Deyoung was playing the synth part (minimoog? not sure) and it keep crackling, bad cable I guess. he switched the solo to his organ right in the middle, the show must go on!

even funnier.... then they all put the dj on the spot

Who else are they going to put on the spot? He's the only one generating any "music", other than the singer, I'm guessing the keytar is just for show.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I think it is more why you shouldn't have idiots jumping around flailing their arms around your laptop.

It sort of reminds me of the time I was playing in a small club with no stage, the band just set up on the end of the dance floor. I was fortunate enough to be using just an m1 and I saw the drunk falling towards us. I managed to grab my m1 before he took the stand out. Our drummer was not so lucky as the fool crashed into the kit knocking everything flying. The drummer was left look rather confused, more or less sitting on this throne with a bloodied drunk lying in a heap where the kick drum should be.

Stage: Korg Krome 88.

Home: Korg Kross 61, Yamaha reface CS, Korg SP250, Korg mono/poly Kawai ep 608, Korg m1, Yamaha KX-5

Archived