Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Reason Vs. Fruityloops

Alrighty let the discussion rage on. I have tried the demo versions of both and I can say that they both look really good. Unfortunatly I can't really dig in too much because the demos have the save function disabled. So I'll defer to you guys. What do you think in terms of price, ability to expand and/or ability to combine with other programs. Which one is better out of the box - that is which one, with the initial purchase can you do more? Which one has better support? Which one will, in the future, still be supported and/or usable? Anywho thanks in advance Dave Are there any other progs that fit the reason and fruityloops bill?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is nothing against Fruityloops. It is very cool and it integrates a lot of usable features, but it can not simply compare against a full featured pro-oriented program like REASON. You can go very deeply into REASON's achitecture to control every bit of your piece of music. Fruityloops could be better for DEMO's or in a situation where getting results faster without any need of further deep programing. If your project depends on a professional software and your budget allows it, go for the real deal, get REASON, any time. REASON comes from a company seriously deep about software design which has made some other very cool programs. BTW I own FruityLoops but I'd love to have REASON :D ... My bugdet does not allow me -yet- to get it ... 'nuff said !+

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Fruity Loops is more of a software/drum machine with integrated synths and step sequencer and grid ,Where Reason is more or less a step sequencer based on sample/synth modules.They are very similar and Reason is much better in the sound dept.,but Fruity is way better at creating drum parts since it's designed around that.I guess it depends on what you need the most.Too bad all this couldn't be rolled into one app.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Fruity loops can use vsti and dxi, and buzz machine's cough cough... The biggest weakness of reason is that it cant use vst plug ins, meaning its great for drum and bass, r and b, hip hop etc with a sampler and the subtractor, but I think if you want a nice layer of trance sounds, or to go in more ambient directions you'd want some other synth algorithms and probably some better efx then the stock reason one's. Now of course I know bt uses reason for his breaks, and it has more than enough really for any genre of "electronica" so dont flame me like "you dumbass I sell millions of trance albums made with reason" because I dont even get into trance really and dont care. But reaktor is probably better for the more experimental stuff, just using it in whatever sequencer, then you can use different drumsynths or granular, fm and on and on. I think if propheads expanded reasons audio, added vst support in a way good enough allowing use of vsti like reaktor and vst efx in it that would be overwhelmingly dope.

Archived