Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Live performance from the White House

Fred_C

Hey Gents,

On PBS, they just showed a live performance from the White House focused on the Memphis Soul sound of the '60's and it was "The Bomb".

You should have seen President Obama and his wife genuinely in the groove. It was a very good show and featured such old stars as Booker T., Steve Cropper, Charlie Musselwhite and several others. Fun!

If you play cool, you are cool.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obama seems to have great White House performances. I was a-feared that if Mitt won, we'd be treated to Pat & Debbie Boone or the Lennon Sisters.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Obama seems to have great White House performances. I was a-feared that if Mitt won, we'd be treated to Pat & Debbie Boone or the Lennon Sisters.

Whitefang

Must be cool to be prez. If you want to have a party you get Booker T, Queen Latifah, Steve Cropper, The Alabama Shakes, Mavis Staples, etc.

I throw a party & I get a bunch of nobodies.

ps, I think it would have been Donnie & Marie under the Mittocracy.

Scott Fraser

This forum has now been put under serveillance since Fred C used "White House", "President Obama" and "Bomb" in the same post. Run to the hills, boys!

LOL, and you had to throw in the "Run" word...very sad day in Boston and I hope they catch the bastards that did it!

Take care, Larryz

Whitefang

LOL, may be political, but it's still funny!

Take care, Larryz

This forum has now been put under serveillance since Fred C used "White House", "President Obama" and "Bomb" in the same post. Run to the hills, boys!

...very sad day in Boston and I hope they catch the bastards that did it!

Hey Dan,

FUNNY! :laugh: :laugh:

Larry,

We'll find them and kill them. Don't you worry about that. They're dog food. And as our pursuit of Osama bin Laden proves, we don't particularly care how long it will take.

I saw some of that show last night. There was this singer in a white shirt and black bow tie (anyone know his name?), and man could he belt it out, a screamer similar to those black gospel singers, example; the early on Mighty Clouds of Joy, kinda like those guys or Screamin Jay Hawkins but way better. I was just passing by PBS mid concert channel surfing, but that guy stopped my channel surfing right then and there. The wife brought home a DVD of the Hobbit and she was antsy to start that, but it had to wait until the finish of that show.

Whitefang

Hey Whitefang,

+1

Archived