Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I sold the Carvin SH550

Fred_C

I recently sold the Carvin. When I compared the tone to that of the Epihone Sheraton and the Ibanez AF125, it became clear to me that, particularly as a jazz guitar, both the Epi and the Ibanez came closer to what I consider the holy grail of tone than the Carvin. The funny thing is that the Carvin was significantly more expensive than either the Epi or the Ibanez. So, for me at least, it ain't always about price.

If you play cool, you are cool.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not familiar with the Carvin or the Ibanez. I know the Ibanez is your latest squeeze, and you wouldn't recommend one if it wasn't a good jazz axe. Those Epi Sheratons are a great deal for the money. One of my buddies has one and it plays and sounds great...
Take care, Larryz

Its never all about price if you're smart- tone comes first! Then comfort. Then looks/mojo. THEN price.

I'm sad I couldn't be the one who bought it, but I hope you got something close to your asking price!

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Its never all about price if you're smart- tone comes first! Then comfort. Then looks/mojo. THEN price.

I agree. I rank it playability (if I can't play it, tone doesn't matter) then TONE then looks/mojo.

If you play cool, you are cool.

I agree. I rank it playability (if I can't play it, tone doesn't matter) then TONE then looks/mojo.

I stand corrected- you're absolutely right: comfort THEN tone.

(Hell, I should know better, too- comfort is why I have a Fret-King, not a Fender.)

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

I concur...

Archived