Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: does anyone fish?

tarkus

Allan, that must have been impressive!

Quite.... That muskie made some impressive runs; reminded me a little of a large steelhead I tangled with - inadvertently - while perch fishing in Waukegan harbor (one of many fights I have lost). And when it jumped its return sounded like a young child doing a splash-dive.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Live music and fishing really do clash against each other. Same for hunting. Quite difficult to get out in the woods by 5:30am (or stream/river/lake) - when you got home at 3am from a gig.

yea in my younger days i would hump my gear back into the house hook up the boat and head right out after the gig..no problem.. just cant do that anymore, need to hit the sack or i'll be messed up for like two days..

that striper was 60lbs...

funny thing, i was reading the paper and having my coffe before work at the local town beach on the bay this morning and i spotted birds wheeling and diving out a few hundred feet offshore within seconds i witnessed i full scale bass blitz taking place with the fish slamming bait on the surface. no boats around.. no one to interrupt. just a wonderful display of nature.. still pretty cold out here on LI, and i didnt think the bass were here yet, but now i know they are and i got the fever to fish ASAP.

if someone ever puts together that forum fishing trip, i'm in!

Love to fish for Strippers!

Fixed

:D

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived