Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

YAF Summer Music Festival

moj

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A hacker musician's sense of humor for sure. I've played many of these events, done posters like that, and even wrote some of the code to do it. Hackers talk like that. I know computer language when I see it.

jaws - just another windowing system - there are many of these other than mine

yacc - yet another compiler compiler - you'll need this or a bison to write languages

yasmul - yet another stupid markup language - a simple nroff like formatting package and filter set that could output anything - *roff, tex, html, ps, pdf, doc, rtf, wtf, xls, xlw, xml, png, jpg, gif, lsd, dmt, pcp, and whatnot.

--wmp

All those bands that are the finer print at the bottom? They're probably playing for exposure. :rolleyes:

This great poster encapsulates most of the reasons why I don't like music festivals, even for bands I would otherwise like to see. They left out you can't bring in your own water so you have to buy theirs, the fact that it becomes a huge mud pit in the rain, you don't want to get to close to the stage because of the press of the people and/or the mosh pit depending on the bands, and that if you want to see multiple days you have to camp out.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived