Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

semi OT: headphones

reidmc

I often play along with recordings, using light open-ear phones and the heaphone out on my PC3LE6, and my volume pedal to "mix."

But I have stepped on them one-too-many times (2x - oops).

Anyone have an inexpensive <$50 pair they can recommend?

Reid

"The Doomer allows the player to do things beyond which are possible without the accessory."

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. :)

$99 Sony 7506. Not light, but truly a step up. A little bright. Studio standard.

$180 Future Sonics Atrios ear buds. Really nice in-ears. Comfortable for a long time physically and sonically. A little boomy.

$399 Sony 7520. Read Steve Nathan's recommendation, heard them at NAMM. Asked for them for holiday gift. They're on their way. Will let you know.

I'm sure others will either link to the other headphone threads or offer better suggestions in your price range. But if you want a real treat, if you could swing it, trade up.

The best headphones for $50 or less that exist on the planet are the Koss Porta Pros. (They may also be the ugliest headphones that exist under $50, but I digress....) I agree with ksoper that spending more than $50 is well worth the investment, but if you're committed to sticking with your budget, check out the Porta Pros.

Thanks for the replies.

Those Porta Pros are ugly. Looking at a review of them on the web, I note that they appear to have the same elements as my soon-to-be-former headset, a pair of Optimus Nova 56s from Radio Shack. Koss must have made them for RS. Excellent sound for the money for sure, so I may try the PPs.

"The Doomer allows the player to do things beyond which are possible without the accessory."

Archived