Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pitbull recasts A-ha's "Take On This"

Jazz+

I added this on my solo piano gigs and it really lights up the room. I also cover about half of the other current Top 40 hits:

http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=89444754&ac=now

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I added this on my solo piano gigs and it really lights up the room.

I do that too! Usually Medley it with Come On Eileen. Both songs hit a certain demographic in just the right place.

Not sure what that link you posted was supposed to be. Listened to about 20 seconds worth but it just hurt my ears.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

People love "Take On Me." We've been playing it for 13 years and it always goes over well. I have several versions; a live version for British TV, a Techno version, a Ska version by Reel Big Fish, etc. Great pop song.

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

I like the this version:

[video:youtube]

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

I think it's great.

I play this one solo piano too, it uses "Funky Kingston" by Toots & The Maytals. It's extremely well received at my gigs where there are a lot people in their twenties and teens that actually sing along. I hate the gigs were it's older folks that want Sinatra, oldies and Broadway the whole time.

[video:youtube]

I play this one solo piano too, it uses "Funky Kingston" by Toots & The Maytals.

That's much better. I think of songs like that as being very difficult make work for solo piano. It would be interesting to hear how you do it.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Archived