Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DP for live performance?

pizzafilms

Anyone use Digital Performer for live performance?

I'm thinking about giving it a try, but wanted to see if anyone else is and how you've got it set up. I know Michael McKnight has been using it for years without reservation.

I've been using MainStage for a few years for a church gig, playing all plugins (Omnisphere, Pianoteq, VB3, etc) from 2 controllers. I mainly want to setup a set list and tap to go to the next song, etc..

Anyone? If so, let me know how you've got it set up. I know it's not quite meant for live use like MainStage, but if Michael can...

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might want to check motunation and create an account if you don't already have one there. There are a few people on the DP user forum that use DP live and have some hints about how best to set it up for that purpose.

Which version of DP are you on? My copy of DP8 just arrived but I'm holding out a bit to do the actual upgrade from DP7.

Unfortunately I can't offer you direct advice as I don't use DP live. But I do remember several DP forum members at motunation talking about their setups.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

No idea about DP, but why would u change the Mainstage? I mean, I'd does exactly what you need, changes songs instantly, hosts 3rd part instruments and its lightweight and its very easy to,program/set up... I use it for gigs where I have to fly to (with my old XV2020) and it works flawlessly...
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Jeff, you're talking about the topic title, right, as he says Digital Performer in his post. It might be too late for him to change the title for more attention.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived