Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond SK1 Drawbars

HSS

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was in fact also concerned about quality of build in the SK1 because the drawbars feel a bit delicate and the board is light as a feather....

Here's a little ironic bonus I noticed the other night.

I use the SK1 on the upper 'tier' of my old Unison stand (no longer made, but built like a tank), over a 55lb stage piano.

Despite the stand's strength, this rig was slightly top-heavy with my old (41-lb) XK-3 on top. This made for a very slight wobble to the whole rig. With the lightness of the SK1, the upper board feels absolutely rock solid - as if I were playing on a much heavier instrument. Did not expect this at all, but it is a very nice change.

I was in fact also concerned about quality of build in the SK1 because the drawbars feel a bit delicate and the board is light as a feather....

Here's a little ironic bonus I noticed the other night.

I use the SK1 on the upper 'tier' of my old Unison stand (no longer made, but built like a tank), over a 55lb stage piano.

Despite the stand's strength, this rig was slightly top-heavy with my old (41-lb) XK-3 on top. This made for a very slight wobble to the whole rig. With the lightness of the SK1, the upper board feels absolutely rock solid - as if I were playing on a much heavier instrument. Did not expect this at all, but it is a very nice change.

Cool... Physics in action. The center of balance (i.e. gravity) is evidently lower and the overall stability or inertia is increased with the lighter SK1 on top.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha CK88, MX88, & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

Archived