Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Bob Birch

SteveC

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was doing Crockadile Rock for a while in a band. Was fun.

Years ago when I played piano I knew a bunch of Elton Songs. Love Lies Bleeding was a blast..... I did not do it justice but love to listen to it.....

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

I'm not too familiar with Bob. In the article They say he's from Detroit and he's only two years older than me. I may have run into him possibly playing some of the same clubs way back then. Still it's sad to hear of another fallen bass brother.

RIP Bob!

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

I'm not too familiar with Bob. In the article They say he's from Detroit and he's only two years older than me. I may have run into him possibly playing some of the same clubs way back then. Still it's sad to hear of another fallen bass brother.

RIP Bob!

I was thinking the same thing. He was only a year older than me. I grew up on the west side and lived there until the mid 80's. I need to find out when he moved to LA.

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Dee Murray played on Crocodile Rock and on many of the classic Elton John recordings. He died at age 45 20 years ago.

I never heard Bob Birch play, but it is always sad to hear when a good musician dies (or for that matter when anyone dies).

And it's sad when all these people who are younger than I are dying.

My condolences to his family and to all who knew him.

I think he did the early Dee Murray lines justice and never change them much. Just gave them a little of his flavor. I heard him live a couple times and he played and sang well both times. That was a pretty solid band and shows.

Maybe not one of the best known players but certainly respected by the people he played with over the years. We should all be so fortunate.

I watched Elton's 60th birthday bash last night.... Bob was excellent. Not fancy, but timing was great. Nice work.

If you have not seen that DVD, it is good. Piano playing is great. Elton's voice is a little less than it used to be but still worth every penny...

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Archived