Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ondes Martenot

tarkus

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, it's unique. I have the Soniccouture sample library, but playing the real thing would be a lot more fun. :-)

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I read the article posted by nickd. Got me thinking again about stuff I've seen over the years where performers manipulate/morph audio in real time.

Keyboard mag had a guy called Michael Waivitz or something like that (been googling different spellings - no luck). Maybe 20-25 years ago. Article about using methods other than a keyboard to drive electronic instruments. Think he'd gloves - it was a long time ago.

I remember downloading the demo for Native Instruments Reaktor Session after reading the review in Keyboard - and being impressed and expecting some new developments for us live players.

To be honest I expected we'd have more "play the keyboard with your right hand, tweak the audio output with your left" stuff available. I realise now it's the commercial difficulties of launching new and unfamiliar hardware.

I really liked the Kore thing that Native Instruments had going. You could morph things in interesting ways (in real time) without too much effort in setting up stuff.

Anyway, most of my paid work is still piano based - and Native Instruments dropped Kore. Their flagship box is the DJ friendly collage beat assembler Maschine.

That Ondes Martenot is a cool box - well done that cello player.

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

Check out the Ondes Martenot in Radiohead!

There is also the Analogue Systems French Connection which is an interesting modern version/controller: klonk

Yes!

[video:youtube]-4hZt--0Yno

~ Sean

Juno-60, Juno-G, MicroBrute, MS-20 Mini, PX-5S, R3, etc.

Archived