Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pitch bending range advice

I used to have a Roland RD700SX, and I loved the programmable pitchbending feature on it which allowed me to bend pitches down or up by a maximum of TWO OCTAVES each way, giving me a range of FOUR OCTAVES (!!!) It was really sweet, especially with the Jupiter Lead sound selected and heavy delay and some mild distortion. Had tons of fun recording with that... but now that keyboard is long gone from my posession and-- alas! my Nord Stage 2 88 has but a lowly whole tone up/down pitchbend feature (non-programmable to my knowledge).

Recommendations on a pedal, or does anyone know something I don't about programming the pitchbend range on my board?

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any possibility of using Portamento instead?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

The Stage 2 bend range is unfortunately not programmable - and there's no way to change that. You could however get an external synth with nice leads, that has a bigger range for pitch bend - If you like the Roland sound, maybe a SonicCell module would be a good idea.

Otherwise you can hope Nord change this in a future OS update, but I would not have my hopes up, since users have been requesting this since the original Stage came out in 2005...

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

Archived