Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tony Monaco endorses Mojo

WheelHead

I will also add: one has to wonder if the sales of the Mojo are going to continue off the charts when Guido releases the VB3-2. It may have been a factor to those on the fence that it was only available in the Mojo and Hamichord.

I bet it would have less of a factor than you think. Hauling around a laptop and Controller keyboards to a gig is a major drag which I used to do all the time with the VB3 and the Scarbee samples. Having it all in one keyboard (with two manuals and now Rhodes sounds) that only needs one power chord, two line cables, a swell pedal and sustain pedal is a dream come true.

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crumar is great, the old Toccata is still a bad ass little clone, so I'm glad to see this endorsement, but they need to do 2 things to get me, one is get a presence in the states, without that I don't see how they will ever be a force in the market, and they need to make a Mojo single manual, do that and I'm in, and so would many IMO, the dual manual thing is such a small market, growing I suppose but still too small.

Sometimes an endorsement means money, sometimes it means discounts, sometimes it's just an ego trip ("I'm an endorsee of ____________.!")

http://blogs.smarter.com/blogs/guests/Forrest%20Gump%20Table%20Tennis.jpg

I'm pretty sure that when Tony goes into the studio, he's still using the real thing.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

sometimes it's just an ego trip ("I'm an endorsee of ____________.!")

Tony is the endorser. Crumar/Mojo is the endorsee. Though that can change if Guido posts that he recommends Tony Monaco's CDs. ;-)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Crumar is great, the old Toccata is still a bad ass little clone, so I'm glad to see this endorsement, but they need to do 2 things to get me, one is get a presence in the states, without that I don't see how they will ever be a force in the market, and they need to make a Mojo single manual, do that and I'm in, and so would many IMO, the dual manual thing is such a small market, growing I suppose but still too small.

Yeap. Perhaps future editions of Mojo and/or Hamichord might be a break-down from 2 to single manual. I guess they might have to fit the computer board upwardly in the top manual and use the lower part symbiotic as a controller similar to the XK System. May mean they have to drop the IU rack approach but who knows? Hammond Suzuki in my view **got it right** with the XK3 System module approach for the physical instrument.

Though having said that the ergonomics have to be correct with a modular approach (also like the XK3 System). Doepfer tried this with an organ controller. Did not work. (no need to write why and criticize a noble attempt by Doepfer that cost them a lot of money. I owned the whole system at one time. Close but no cigar).

W.

sometimes it's just an ego trip ("I'm an endorsee of ____________.!")

Tony is the endorser. Crumar/Mojo is the endorsee. Though that can change if Guido posts that he recommends Tony Monaco's CDs. ;-)

I grant your point, however it can be truthfully said that Mojo needs Tony more than Tony needs Mojo. So, perhaps he IS an endorsee of Mojo. As well as an endorser. But who endorses the checks?

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

Archived