Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

how much will this stand hold?

yorgatron

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of stand is that? The Ultimate Apex stand, which is also a column model (this could be an older model), could hold 125 pounds per tier, or 250 pounds total. You could add a tier, but obviously that lessens your maximum per-tier load.

The stand in the picture looks like the three floor supports are welded solid! If that's the case, then whoever customized/sold that stand did a very stupid job, IMO, because portability is reduced to nil.

Both the clav/pianet duo weigh 90 pounds together? If that's spread over two tiers somehow, and if this stand has similar specs to the Apex one, then you should be fine, but someone with more experience/physics knowledge may want to add to this before your clavinet goes pummelling to the ground. :P

~ Sean

Juno-60, Juno-G, MicroBrute, MS-20 Mini, PX-5S, R3, etc.

That's the Ultimate DELTEX model. It was available for a number of years as a low cost alternative to the Apex. It's just as sturdy as the Apex, but slightly smaller and of course nowhere near as collapsible. (Which was the whole point; it cost less because they didn't have to manufacture it with as many moving parts.) The base screws on with 2 bolts.

It will easily support the Clavinet/Pianet Duo (which is one instrument by the way Wolves), and another synth. I wouldn't pay more than $40 for it though....because it ISNT portable or collapsible.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

That looks a lot like one of the earlier, lighter weight Ultimates - in which case I would steer clear unless you want to be in a YT video that everyone except you (and a few sympathetic souls on KC) will find hilarious.

I scored one four years ago off CL... really wanted it to work. Became evident to me that a disaster was in the offing, though, so I retired it after about a half-dozen gigs.

At the time I was playing an RD700SX with a QS7.1 on top. QS would have been OK by itself, but that's all I'd trust it with now.

Cumulative weight of the two.... I'd say just about 90 lbs.

-Mike

Its solidly constructed, but do keep this in mind: Its NOT an Apex stand. Its a set it and leave it thing for home/studio.

Unlike the Apex, you cannot set the pitch of the angle, which is crucial in making the Apex workable with many heavier keyboards. (The Apex has that little plastic appendage at the bottom *player side* with a thumbscrew; you loosen the screw, slide the appendage down so that it increases the pitch of the stand, putting more weight to the back of the stand, thus making it more secure for heavier keyboards.)

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Thanks for the clarification, tony! Seeing the size of that keyboard, I definitely reiterate my point on portability.

That's a lot to carry in a van or truck!

What are you thinking of doubling it with, yorgatron?

~ Sean

Juno-60, Juno-G, MicroBrute, MS-20 Mini, PX-5S, R3, etc.

Thanks for the clarification, tony! Seeing the size of that keyboard, I definitely reiterate my point on portability.

That's a lot to carry in a van or truck!

What are you thinking of doubling it with, yorgatron?

I don't care about portability, I always carry a wrench anyway. the other keyboard is a Yamaha SK-30. analog beast with FM organ clone, circa 1980. only weighs about 55 lbs. :wave:

Archived