Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SK2 System ID

tompass

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did read and I know I can save all patches and reinstall if necessary. Will reread but was just looking for some feedback from those who have successfully used the flash drive to install new library etc.

My assumption, based on many years of doing this sort of thing with various manufacturers, is that all user patches/settings will be overwritten when pushing a new OS onto any keyboard.

If that isn't the case, then consider it to be a nice "exception to the rule" feature, rather than be surprised when it wipes the memory. Always back up anything you deem worth keeping. :thu:

I think you are correct and it seems that I have read that about the SK2 but just can not find it in the manual. For sure I will save all settings on flash drive before I download system upgrade. Still trying to figure out if it has the current system installed. Have only had it a week and will be using for first time on gig on Saturday so spending most of my time just trying to manipulate all of the settings and saving a few favorites.

Archived