Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can someone do a brief xw-p1 vs Electro 3 organ comparison?

kwyn

My point is that, on a drwawbar unit, I want a gain knob and a volume knob that I can easily grab and turn, and the Ocean Beach unit for Electros doesn't have (or need) those. The Korg has available knobs, but it's not what most people would call "a decent drawbar controller" since the faders don't look or feel anything like Hammond drawbars.

Ahh, it's a bit clearer now. You need the form factor, look and feel to be as close to the real deal. D'oh - it's the MoeJoe principle...! :grin:

Still, I'm not sure why the knobs need to be physically located on the OB (in your example). To see if I get this right - playing live, you don't need volume/gain knobs on the OB, since the sounds are from the NE2, and it has those knobs built in.

So you only need the knobs while controlling VB3 in the studio, right? So even if you'd designed your ideal controller, it would still have to communicate via Midi CCs. But surely, the knobs on the NE2 transmit Midi CCs externally...? Why not map those to volume and gain?

:confused:

This is really what MIDI was originally about encouraging cooperation between companies that make the world a more creative place." - Dave Smith

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the programming tips on the Korg Nanokontrol. I appreciate your not just telling me to RTDM! (Read the Damn Manual). The buttons now work as toggles to control vibrato, and percussion. Maybe "it's not what most people would call a decent drawbar controller" but it functions exactly like one. Painting the sliders to match the drawbars makes an appropriate fashion statement that might satisfy some people. This $29.00 controller works!
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

Archived