Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Cars with Surround Sound

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Ashley Judd: [b]It's "grammar", not "grammer". Just thought I'd let ya know brother![/b][/quote]She's breaking your balls john. :wave:
The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

oh, I think a car is a great place for critical listening. Think about the acoustics first..... no parralell walls....nice blend of reflective to absorptive surfaces...flush mounted speakers....large bass trap(trunk). And then theres the fact that the listener and speaker positions are static, so there is no guesswork in surround placement. I refference stereo mixes in my carr al the time, and it would be great to be able to refference surround mixes there too. I wonder if the Acura DVD-A player will decode DTS or AC3 as well.
Chuck Moore

No, we just got sidetracked a bit. They've been talking about having DVD-A surround sound in cars for quite some time. Now, it's standard equipment on a few new cars. If surround in cars takes off, and with the market surge of home theatre, some believe it will drive everyone to get it. And that means, everyone will have to re-learn how to do a mix because stereo may go the way of 8-track tape players. It also means people will have to buy more software and equipment to make surround compatible disks.

My little Focus has a nice Blaupunkt stereo.....pretty good for factory sheeeit. By the way, don't you think its a bit prissy to correct people's spelling and grammar all the time? Bet thats real fun at parties!!!! :)
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

Archived