Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

why

simus35

Today it was time for me again to buy something new and of course a guitar. my choice stop on fender Stratocaster, i try the americain standard, the special and the standard(MIM) i got choice of each (rosewood or maple)and what guitar i decide to take. first i try on the same amp i got at home(fender hot rod) and i just realize after 20 years of playing guitar. i prefer maple over the rosewood and my choice stop on the :rimshot: :rimshot: :rimshot: The MIM

the neck was better than the americain standard and the neck on the americain special was horrible.the sound quality was better on the MIM. I was very surprise and i bought this guitar a Fender standard made in mexico

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you got a maple neck MIM Fender Standard Strat, then? Cool, congratulations, enjoy it! :cool::rawk:

What are you asking "why" about?

Or, in French, courtesy of Google Translate:

Ou, en Français, gracieuseté de Google Translate:

Donc, vous avez un manche en érable MIM Fender Standard Strat, alors? Refroidir, félicitations, profitez-en! :cool::rawk:

Que demandez-vous «pourquoi» à propos?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

is just because i was going to buy Americain stratocaster and when i try the MIM i found the quality better than the us made. or is just i just found a very good MIM and the us made the store got was probably made monday or friday

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

Simus35,

My 1974 Fender Stratocaster is a piece of rubbish compared to the MIM I bought last year. The 1996 Strat Ultra is great. Of the 3 guitars the 1974 is the most expensive. Then comes the 1996 Strat Ultra. By far the cheapest was the MIM. When I take a Strat to work it's either The MIM or the Ultra. They are different but they "talk" to me. If the guitar feels right and does what you want, then that is the guitar for you.

Congratulations on getting a good Fender Stratocaster.

Cheers

this is the reason i put why on my topic. My music store probably get some bab run for the americain model. is just like gibson some are good and some are bab.but i style want americain model and i will wait the new arrival and try some new one

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

Simus35,

If you bought a new Fender in Kingston, I imagine it came from Renaissance. That's a good store, and I suspect one is more likely to get an exceptional MIM than a bad US one, as the QC should be still be more stringent in the US. That said, I've played some great MIM's, but they all had the pickups upgraded.

As to the '74 that belongs to Perkunas, fit and finish have come a long way since the Nixon era, but I can't picture that axe not being tweak-able by the right tech.

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Archived