Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: It's a tubular bell, or maybe an exhaust pipe, no wait..

Synthoid

My wife dragged me to a flower show yesterday in nearby York County. As we were strolling around the various exhibits, we'd occasionally hear music... first a harpist, then some sort of Celtic tune off in the distance. As we approached one booth, there was a large collection of metal and wood flutes, and an enormous instrument, which was explained to be a contrabass flute.

One of the ladies brought it closer for us to see and she played it for a few minutes. Quite an instrument--and certainly nothing I've ever seen before!

Of course what any of that has to do with a flower show was beyond my understanding.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We go to local farmers markets, and there are people selling candles, breads, pastas, baked desserts, jelly and other items.

None of them are farmers.

It's just another place for a small business to peddle their wares. I'm not saying it's a bad thing.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

It's just another place for a small business to peddle their wares. I'm not saying it's a bad thing.

I agree, I just didn't expect musicians to be playing tunes & selling CD's at a flower show. :idk

Maybe next year I should rent a booth there...

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

If there's a significant enough overlap between your typical audience and their typical patron, you should be selling your stuff there. :cool:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived