Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

No more yamahasynth.com ?

Mogut

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They might be updating it; possibly for new products in advance of MusikMesse.

I've noticed the CP-series is on blowout at GC, so maybe they're about to announce new versions of the CP-1, CP-5 and CP-50?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Every single store I've been too lately has had "blowout" or "clearance" tags on their CP-series. Not sure about on-line as I avoid on-line sales as much as possible these days, since every on-line sale I've done has gone south. I like to see what I'm buying, to avoid problems. It's easier to do this now that most sites charge tax anyway, taking away the main on-line advantage.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Every single store I've been too lately has had "blowout" or "clearance" tags on their CP-series.
Yep i saw the same at GC in my area for the CP5

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

Could very well be that the site is simply gone. Sales have been spiraling down for Yamaha MI since 2008. Why have a separate site for synths/keyboards? Do they have separate sites for their guitars, drums, brass??? Pro keyboards aren't a very big part of their sales any way.

i'm doubtful that the CP series is getting a refresh so soon. Though they were announced at NAMM 2010, but the CP-5/50 weren't available until spring. That's less than two years which is very short.

Busch.

whats up with that? All the content is gone, when you select country they send you to yamaha.com

www.yamahasynth.com

Or is my computer screwed up?

I'm sure this will be taken the wrong way, but what's the big deal? Is there something you cannot get at Yamaha.com that you could get at YamahaSynth.com?

Of course, it seems pretty obvious* that the CP series aren't "synths" per se, so having their information hosted at YamahaSynth.com seemed a little incongruous.

The fact that it redirects to you to a different site would seem to indicate that Yamaha has removed the site, rather than anything necessarily being wrong. Sure, they might be updating it, but that doesn't require taking the whole thing offline in this fashion (it's not 1998 anymore).

* - to me, and apparently to Yamaha as well

Funny comment, as Busch's is far more fear-inducing. :-)

I was referring to your thoughts on the CP series; Busch, as I see it, is merely stating the painfully obvious, without targeting any specific products. Frankly, his comment that it's less than 2 years into the life of the products is far more rational. :thu:

I'm sure this will be taken the wrong way, but what's the big deal? Is there something you cannot get at Yamaha.com that you could get at YamahaSynth.com?

It wouldn't be a big deal if it were true. Go to motif xf and try and download, it takes you to yamahasynth page again.

C'mon Sven you're better than that

-Greg

It wouldn't be a big deal if it were true. Go to motif xf and try and download, it takes you to yamahasynth page again.

C'mon Sven you're better than that

It was a genuine question, Greg. My most recent Yamaha gear was the Motif ES7, so I haven't needed to go to this site in years.

whats up with that? All the content is gone, when you select country they send you to yamaha.com

www.yamahasynth.com

Or is my computer screwed up?

Of course, it seems pretty obvious* that the CP series aren't "synths" per se, so having their information hosted at YamahaSynth.com seemed a little incongruous.

The fact that it redirects to you to a different site would seem to indicate that Yamaha has removed the site, rather than anything necessarily being wrong. Sure, they might be updating it, but that doesn't require taking the whole thing offline in this fashion (it's not 1998 anymore).

And the correct answer is in this post. Drivers , os updates can now be found by clicking downloads under each product at Yamaha USA, or

Going to download. Yamaha .com. It's easier and less confusing to have one site. All the specs are also available Yamaha USA, and more importantly the dealer locator.

And the correct answer is in this post. Drivers , os updates can now be found by clicking downloads under each product at Yamaha USA, or

Going to download. Yamaha .com. It's easier and less confusing to have one site. All the specs are also available Yamaha USA, and more importantly the dealer locator.

Yep, its all there now! Still some bad links on the product pages...

-Greg

Let's see, stating a FACT, that GC has the CP-series on closeout, is fear-inducing. Yet purporting that a company's sales are in the tank, without offering proof, is stating the obvious?

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

At any rate, the reason for the site having gone down is now fairly evident: Yamaha have homogenized their international portals so that you can get to the appropriate country site from one central place.

Mark, Yamaha's sales have gone from ~550b yen in 2008 to ~375b yen in 2011. They expect 2012 to be the same as 2011. If they can return to growth and you figure 10% a year (which would be strong) it would be 2016 before they got back to 2008 levels. I want to be clear, I don't think for an instant Yamaha is going any where. They undoubtedly have plenty of cash and lines of credit to get them through this. At the same time, it's crazy to think they wouldn't look hard at cost savings given the current climate. Their shareholders expect it of them.

http://yamaha.com/about_yamaha/ir/data/net_sales/img/graph_01.gif

BTW, Roland's sales look similar. Data for Yamaha and Roland is available because they're public companies.

This is in direct contrast to revenue of the S&P500 companies which is higher than their 2008 peak. The recession technically ended in June 2009.

Busch.

Let's see, stating a FACT, that GC has the CP-series on closeout.

Mark, I was in a GC on Sunday and the CP-5 was listed at something like $2195. The tag just said Instant Rebate, not closeout. The Motif XFs had a similar tag and discount.

Busch.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, guess it's a Northern California only decision for the chain then. It's strange, as it's the only series they're closing out at the moment. Maybe they're making the decision in each sales region based on how the sales are playing out in that area.

Since it looks like a new CP1/CP5/CP50 are not imminent, I'll probably stick with my plan to get a Roland RD700NX. I thought maybe that would be updated this summer/fall, but it appears the usual release cycles have been altered significantly by the economic downturn. The RD700NX can often be had for $2200, which puts it on par with the CP-5. And it accepts tri-pedals, which trumps a lot of other considerations at my end.

For those who are looking for a CP-5, I wonder if they could save money by ordering one from one of the SF bay Area Guitar Centers?

And thanks, Busch, for posting public sales figures -- I've seen so many people blindly speculate on that situation in the past that I thought this was more of the same. It was nothing personal; I know you usually do your research.

I hope the downturn in sales at least inspires more creativity and innovation. Often it is during downturns that the most exciting new products are released.

Archived