Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Leslie 3300 issue

KRK

Ciao to all!

I also wrote an email to Jim, but apparently my message did not reached the destination....

Im just trying to solve a problem with my Leslie 3300, wondering if anyone of you experienced something similar....

Starting from the very first moment (BRAND NEW), my 3300 produces a metallic noise/vibration coming from the low rotor (motor?).

This noise/vibration starts when some bass frequencies are involved, at low volume too.

The mechanical problem on the bass rotor was recognized from the official Hammond Suzuki assistance.

But, after a couple of warranty repairs made by the authorized technician during the last year, the problem is still present.

Have you ever heard of something similar?

If so, is there a way to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for any effort on the matter.

Take care

Marco

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ciao to all!

Starting from the very first moment (BRAND NEW), my 3300 produces a metallic noise/vibration coming from the low rotor (motor?).

Mine is brand new and vibrates a little more than one would expect. I love the Leslie but I am not sure if HS still has it together for quality control/testing in assembly before release. Reminds me of a 122 that use to shake. THOUGH, it is not enough to bother me. Luckily no noises. May be a good idea sometime to check the weights. I do work myself. Overall still would rate this 10 out of 10. Magnificent Leslie. I love it.

(OT: I have put in as some have suggested the 12AT7. First RCA NOS and then trying an Electro Harmonix. I have the EH in there now.)

I can't say how much I am delighted with the tone, volume and guts of this Leslie. I can get it to sound just about exactly as my 122 though MUCH MUCH louder. Great guitarist 'weapon' for those than need it.

W.

Take the panels off and snug up (gently - don't crank down on them) every screw you can find. Also the ones on the handles. You might also line the insides of the panels where they contact the frame with thin felt weatherstripping:

Ace Weatherstripping

I used this plus double sided Scotch tape.

I also put some of this (without tape) under the metal frame of the control panel. IIRC I also bought slightly longer bolts to compensate for the increased thickness. I used rubber washers between the metal frame and the cabinet where the bolts go through.

Take the panels off and snug up (gently - don't crank down on them) every screw you can find. Also the ones on the handles. You might also line the insides of the panels where they contact the frame with thin felt weatherstripping:

Ace Weatherstripping

I used this plus double sided Scotch tape.

I also put some of this (without tape) under the metal frame of the control panel. IIRC I also bought slightly longer bolts to compensate for the increased thickness. I used rubber washers between the metal frame and the cabinet where the bolts go through.

Thanks. Appreciate the 3300 tips.

W.

I thought I had a problem like this once but then I realized it was just coins etc sitting on top of the 3300 vibrating - seriously! Combine the spinning with the volume and even my fillings will vibrate if too close!

Failing that, a loose screw somewhere is probably a good bet.

Archived