Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alesis Quadrasynth - Local control??

Justin Havu

Anyone have any idea how to shut off local control on a Quadrasynth? I'd like to be able to integrate it into my Mainstage setup, without hearing doubled notes.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't there a toggle in the "Global" (MIDI) settings? Been a while since I used my old Quadrasynth.

Also, are you looking to just control the Quadrasynth from another keyboard and don't want the keys to work, or are you using the QS as a "master" keyboard to control other stuff?

I'm not far from you (Berwick) and have a Quadrasynth module I'd be willing to let go for cheap money just to see someone get some use out of it, if you're just trying to access the sounds.

LW

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

I have a two-keyboard setup--the Quadrasynth on the bottom, and an Axiom61 on top. Basically, I'd like to be able to have Mainstage take control over the program changes for all of my MIDI gear--including the Quadrasynth. What's happening, though, is if I set up an external instrument channel strip in Mainstage for the QS, I get doubled notes (from local control being enabled, and through MIDI.) I need to be able to shut off local control on the Quadrasynth, so that I can just hear what's going on MIDI-wise.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

I'm not far from you (Berwick) and have a Quadrasynth module I'd be willing to let go for cheap money just to see someone get some use out of it, if you're just trying to access the sounds.

LW

I'd take you up on that offer, but I'm really strapped for cash right now. Ah, the life of a musician.

Hardware

Software

Archived