Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord CS-80 library!

Tobias Åslund

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I checked these out yesterday and was disappointed. The Vangelis sounds were ok, but the rest of them were kinda flat. I was hoping they would have those really juicy Eddy Jobson pads from the UK records.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

I checked these out yesterday and was disappointed. The Vangelis sounds were ok, but the rest of them were kinda flat. I was hoping they would have those really juicy Eddy Jobson pads from the UK records.

Did you load them into the keyboard, or are you talking about the audio demo on Nord's website?

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Did you load them into the keyboard, or are you talking about the audio demo on Nord's website?

Tom

I loaded each of them into my keyboard. Admittedly, I was looking for those Jobson type sounds, so my disappoint in the sounds may be just that they weren't what I was looking for. YMMV.

It probably didn't help that my Tetra arrived yesterday and I was playing with that at the same time. Hard to compare static samples to real analog.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

It probably didn't help that my Tetra arrived yesterday and I was playing with that at the same time. Hard to compare static samples to real analog.

Understood.

Plus, the NE3 has no pitch bend controller. To me, a big part of playing lead synth parts is to use pitch bend.

For string pads and such, this isn't a problem. For emulation of these vintage synths, you really need this.

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Plus, the NE3 has no pitch bend controller. To me, a big part of playing lead synth parts is to use pitch bend.

For string pads and such, this isn't a problem. For emulation of these vintage synths, you really need this.

Tom

Exactly. Last week, I spent a day going through the samples I had loaded on my E3 and auditioning the rest of the Nord library. I swapped about half the sounds. At this point, almost all of them are either pads, sustained instruments (like string sections and organ), or percussive sounds. As much as I wanted to like the synth sounds, the only ones that did it for me are ones that you wouldn't use pitch bend or mod wheel on. For the most part there is little in there that I couldn't get a more expressive approximation of on my S90ES (and now on the Tetra). But that's fine....it's great to be able to use the E3 samples for the more quirky stuff like the Chamberlin and Pianet.

www.stickmanor.com

Archived