Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

i got a new amp

simus35

i decide today to trade my amp i have over 7 years it was a peavey Valveking 212(100watts all tube) this amp was to loud and to heavy to carry too and because i have another amp a Bugera 1990 (120 watt all tube) with the 4x12 bugera cab too. and i decide to get a brand new Kustom Defender v30 (equiped with celestion speaker) is 50 watt all tube amp (2xel34 and 3x12ax7) this amp got only one channel but is just watt i need to for bluesy tone and is great and very easy to carry this one :wave:

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very easy to carry this one :wave:

This is my main consideration for any gear these days.

Congrats on new amp day.

...as per the "Seasoned musician" thread!

Congrats on the new Kustom, simus35!

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

more i'm playing with my new Kustom Defender v30 more i like it and now i'm thinking to sell my Bugera 1990 with 4x12 bugera cab and get another 50 watt combo amp. but wich one because i change my style of music now like more bluesy. now i need to find a new amp. what king of amp you sugest for bluesy tone( now i have the Kustom) but someting is not to heavy to carry

thanks again

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

I'm no guru, but down here in Texas, Fender amps seem to rule the blues rock scene in terms of sheer numbers (I have a Fender HRD), at least until you get to the pros who can buy the best of the best. I also see a fair number of Peaveys, Vox & Marshalls.

Then you see all kinds of stuff: Carvin, PRS, Mesa Boogie, Egnater, Dr Z, Hughes & Kettner...and then there's the stuff I've rarely seen and probably can't afford.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

+1 on "seasoned musicians" making weight and size a major consideration...we don't have to sacrafice good sound and tone just because it's in a smaller lighter package...you young whipper snappers should consider lighter loads and ear plugs...us old dudes just want to play a little longer and hear a little longer and it's up to you young techies to put the good electronics in smaller packages (just look at the first obsolete computers, monitors, video cameras and cell phones for the concept)...
Take care, Larryz

Archived