Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

studio microphone recommendation

carter_

I'm telling you guys, for inexpensive, high-quality mics, it really doesn't get any better than Audio Technica.

I've only used the AT2020 one time and very informally. I've always been under the impression that the AT2020 is not in the same league as other AT products, regardless of the low price. I don't have the experience or the expertise to judge that. True or false? Thanks.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The ATM450's are an AMAZING deal at roughly $150 each. I use a pair of them as my main drum overheads as well, preferring them in ORTF configuration. Very detailed and even in their response. But they're so busy doing drum duties that I haven't had a chance to check them yet on acoustic instruments etc.

Yep! Mine are pretty much permanently on overhead duty, in an ORTF configuration, going through my JLM Dual-99v preamps. Clean, extremely detailed, precise imaging. The third one is oftentimes on the snare, top or bottom. I'd really love to have three more for toms. I've used them on toms, with my tube mod'd MXL 603s on overheads, and they sound fantastic on them.

Archived