Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gettin' Jiggy wit SONAR 3

Quick question: I'm putting the final touches on a song which starts like a Metallica/Dokken and goes into a melodic Radiohead section and then... I'm going into 16 bars of techno before coming back with some Rage Against the Machine heaviness. For now, the techno drums are coming from an Edirol unit and, while I like it, it doesn't have the modern, crisp, professionally digital laser sound (?) that I'm looking for. I want to get seriously tranced out or whatever the kids are calling it for these 16 bars. I haven't been able to get my V Sampler up and running nor have I had time to play with it. The not-so-quick-of-a-question-as-it-turns-out: What would you SONAR users try to get this kind of sound? There's 1 or 2 other samplers in there I think. Would something like Reason work better for this kind of thing?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude. You can probably find some good free techno drum soundfonts out on the web and use LiveSynth Pro to play 'em back inside Sonar. I know Sonar comes with some sample soundfonts...there's a good acoustic drum kit from Sonic Implants but I'm not sure if any techno-type drums are in there. Do you have LiveSynth loaded up?
None more black.

[quote]Originally posted by rog951: [b]Dude. You can probably find some good free techno drum soundfonts out on the web and use LiveSynth Pro to play 'em back inside Sonar. I know Sonar comes with some sample soundfonts...there's a good acoustic drum kit from Sonic Implants but I'm not sure if any techno-type drums are in there. Do you have LiveSynth loaded up?[/b][/quote]Let me get back to on that. :thu:

Archived