Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Sellout All Stars

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by DanS: [b] Ebony and Ivory????????? What a crock of shit, from both Stevie and Paul! :p [/b][/quote]I much prefer the "Frank Sinatra" and "Stevie Wonder" version from SNL: Stevie: I am dark and you are light... Frank: You are blind as a bat and I have sight Either way, you are my amigo, Negro, Let's not fiiiiiiiiight...

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

[quote]Originally posted by DanS: [b] [quote]Originally posted by LanceMo: but he's never betrayed his principles. "Say Say Say" with Michael Jackson was as bad as it got for him and that's not that bad. :D [/b][/quote]Please. Ebony and Ivory????????? What a crock of shit, from both Stevie and Paul! :p [/QB][/quote]Yeah. I thought Ebony and Ivory might come up. What was that 1982? It was a truly wimpy time. Silly Love Songs is wimpy too. With a Little Luck is as wimpy as marshmellow parties. Still, Sir Paul wasn't doing those songs to sell units. He really loves those ideas and is comfortable with his wimpy side. That's in no way a sell out. Rog-O, I was thinking about Elton too. When Bernie Taupin's lyrics were gone he would do just about anything to keep his career goin'. "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" with Kiki Dee. Yikes. I really hope Taupin didn't write that one.

[quote]Originally posted by Super 8: [b]You better add Grace Slick to my list. By the time Jefferson Airplane became Starship, were there any other members in the band from the 60's? And now she says she's too OLD to rock... :bor: That's almost worse than selling out to Adult Contemp, in my opinion.[/b][/quote]No shit. "Will I still be doing this when I'm eighty years old? Hell yeah, I will! I might not be jumpin' around. I might be sittin' on a stool, but I'll still be rockin'." Eddie Van Halen

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

[quote]Originally posted by Bunny.: [b] [img]http://www.expofoto.com/rock/imagen/sting.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~xlu5/images/sting.jpg[/img] Is it just me, or is he turning into [url=http://images.allposters.com/images/54/039_39990.jpg]Kevin Costner[/url] ?[/b][/quote]:thu: I could not have said it better myself. I love the Police. I'm a jazz fan so I liked the first couple of sold things. I haven't really liked any of his stuff in ten years or more!

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

The only one on the list so far that I really agree bites as hard as Peter Cetera would be Rod Stewart. Pretty much anybody that was once famous that shows up to be interviewed for the easy listening crap radio shows where I work would usually qualify. Peter Cetera was one of those. Another would be Lionel Richie.

[quote]Originally posted by thrashole369: [b]Gene simmons and Paul stanley have a tendency to drift whichever way will either get them more money or laid.[/b][/quote]True, but I don't really see how that's any different from their original goal. There was no big change involved there. THey alway smade money and got laid. :D

[quote]Originally posted by Roto: [b]True, but I don't really see how that's any different from their original goal. [/b][/quote]EXACTLY! They were very purposeful from the beginning. Remember the KISS action figures? Now if that's not selling out, I don't know what is! But KISS never really 'sold out' so much as they 'bought in'. They used hype to their advantage. And I think they released some good material through the years as well.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

[quote]Originally posted by felix.: [b]Phil Collins - Drums Elton John - Keys Sting - Bass Kenny G - Sax Rod Stewart - Vocals[/b][/quote]plus Brian May on guitars (he'd only take a guest spot with them onstage at some point anyway) and the whole of Metallica as a line of backing singers wearing tux's, shades and snapping their fingers in time (you know it'll happen sooner or later) :p
Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Archived