Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Steve Jobs

Fumblyfingers

Yep pancreatic cancer got him, even the rich have no advantage with that ailment....

RIP Steve. I once admired him big time.

Still admire him. Through the late 80's to now, I was an Apple User starting with the original Macintosh. I was a staff development trainer for Apple in the county where I taught for many years. Apple was and still is for the most part the most user friendly computer/interface ever created and that same connection trickled down to I-Pod,I-Pad, I-Mac, I-Book, I-Phone, I-everything. Tools that most of us use in some form everyday.

Steve J. and Steve W. changed the way we use computers forever. (Starting back with Atari and Parx) So good the Sinister Gates stole most of the technology. Less I digress. Safe passage Steve. R.I.P.

c'mon.. what did Synyster ever do to you..... :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/rawkzilla/synyster_gates--large-msg-117188894.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think two things:

1) The man made a great contribution to mass computer technology,

with the help of a lot of other people, of course;

2) Yes, he was human,and had his faults. Right now, though, let

the poor SOB rest in peace!

Couldn't agree more! :thu:

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Right! Because at the end of the day...all he did and all he owns, as rich as he was....it doesn't help the fact that he was probably as "deathly" afraid as anyone is, facing the end of life.

Just thinking about it gives me the chills. I mean I stress about the kids etc and on a completely different level, I stress big time about my guitars. Especially if my kids haven't taken to playing by the time my number is up. My Strat has been with me for donkey's years.......I even hid it under my bunk in the military for a while until I started to stress it would be stolen so I got her home.

I shudder at the thought of someone abusing or neglecting it.

I know these thoughts are far from your mind at the end or you are so doped up or out of it from the sickness etc that you likely wont care........but I also wonder how together in the head people are and those around them just can't see that.

Archived