Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard of the Year 2005 Runoff Poll

felix

Keyboard of the Year 2005  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Keyboard of the Year 2005

For several years now, we've nominated and voted on Keyboard of the year. Here's the original thread: "Keyboard of the Year"

The next undecided year we need to vote on is 2005. Eligible keyboards were nominated by the forum in this thread .

Poll will be up for one week, and the winner will be posted in the original thread following the end of the poll. Happy voting!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but I don't really understand the point of this poll.

Is this a way to somehow "measure" if a keyboard voted "best of" in a particular past year has stood the "test of time?"

I'm not being contrary or a wise ass, just trying to see "why" here.

EDIT:

Ok, I've gone back and read the "previous" threads on this, and sort of see what you're doing. My question now is . . . why 5 years later? Why aren't we polling the "prior" year, as those items would be much more fresh in our minds, although I'm certain less "units" would have made it into the mainstream after the first year, as opposed to the first five years.

Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

Why 5 years later? Because that's when I got around to it, and because I only really do one year at a time. 2006 is done, 2007 would be next.

2005 is the perfect example of why not to do it the following year. A bit of time passing serves to help put some perspective into where the models of that year fit into the overall timeline of keyboards.

Is the whole concept perfect? Nope, not at all. Is it fun? I think so, especially when i read back over the thread and the results the forum has collectively come up with so far.

Getting harder and harder to do, though, as our industry grows up.

I found this poll easy to vote on. I just looked at the list and thought which keyboard on that list would I be most prone to pay retail on today. It will be interesting to see which one wins.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Archived