Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

help me with korg n1r

simus35

i have a little problem with the n1r.

first i have a master keyboarb they control all my synht rack

i setup my master (ex: channel 1 for the tg-33 after channel 2 for the alesis s4 plus etc:) i have 6 synth in my rack.

the problem i have with the korg n1r i assign channel 3 and ok no problem, but when i go to another channel on my master keyboard to use another synth my n1r still play, i try to find where in the setup of the n1r where i can set only one channel. it look like on the omni channel.

sorry for my english and i hope you understand my question.

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi simus35.

Here is the link to the Korg N1R manual:

http://soundprogramming.net/manuals/Korg_N1R_Manual.pdf

I don't own this module. However on Page 17, Playing in Multi Mode, the manual explains how to set each channel for receiving MIDI information.

If you don't want the N1R to play on any of the other channels, turn them off in the menu shown on Page 17.

If you have additional questions, post them here. I'm certain there are folks here who can help you.

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Hi simus35.

Here is the link to the Korg N1R manual:

http://soundprogramming.net/manuals/Korg_N1R_Manual.pdf

I don't own this module. However on Page 17, Playing in Multi Mode, the manual explains how to set each channel for receiving MIDI information.

If you don't want the N1R to play on any of the other channels, turn them off in the menu shown on Page 17.

If you have additional questions, post them here. I'm certain there are folks here who can help you.

Tom

Wow,

Nice job, Tom, above and beyond the call of duty! :thu:

Regards,

Joe

thanks for the help but, i have read this part in my manual. i try everything, like reset to the factory etc. but i don't want to put each sound on the channel i want. this rack is not like the other synth rack i got. i try to put on the prog and i got the ame probleme. look like this synth don't like to be in chain(thru)

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

the performance mode can contain 16 parts on different midi channels. Perhaps you have a performance with a combination in it?\

there are banks that contain just a program, try selecting a bank with one program, and edit to select the appropriate mid channel.

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

I don't have one either, but in Global Mode:

http://www.that80sbandstl.com/images/mpforum/MIDI.jpg

Looks like you can set for each channel whether it will respond with the internal sound engine or pass to an external module. So looks like if you want it to only respond to channel 3 and all other channels to get passed through, set 3 to "B", and the rest to "C"

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I don't have one either, but in Global Mode:

http://www.that80sbandstl.com/images/mpforum/MIDI.jpg

Looks like you can set for each channel whether it will respond with the internal sound engine or pass to an external module. So looks like if you want it to only respond to channel 3 and all other channels to get passed through, set 3 to "B", and the rest to "C"

Im thinking he is using the midi thrus on his rack modules in a daisy chain, so would those settings you mentioned affect the midi thru? it appears to be related to in/out.

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

thank alot 80s-LZ that work now and thanks to every one they try to help me.

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

and i just realize my master keyboard have this too. like zone 1 with a, b or c for each channel and global channel too is the reason sometime a got some strange sound too

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

Archived