Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Changing of the guard...Welcome, robb.!

_Sweet Willie_

Fellow forumites,

I wanted to let you know that we're reshuffling the moderator deck again. It has been grand to serve as a moderator of this forum, but increased professional and personal commitments have meant that I just can't keep up with the discussion threads as well as I'd like or as well as I think I should in order to be a reliable moderator.

Thus, I'm stepping away from that role to resume life as a regular LDLer w/out fancy privileges like thread deletion and editing. In general, the community here makes being a mod relatively easy -- the flaming is minimal and the conversations generally good-spirited.

Taking the moderator seat that has been held by such esteemed members as Wally Malone and Dave Brown is our very own robb. I'll let him speak for himself, but I'm excited that he accepted the invitation to keep an eye on this place. I've always respected him for his contributions. I've also been able to meet him twice in person (once in Monterey and once in NYC), and can vouch for him as an upright dude and all-around good person. Heck, any guy that helped me make the wise decision to buy my Bag End 2x10 cab has gotta get some righteous props! :-}

Anyway, I'll be around these parts. I look forward to the ongoing conversations.

Good luck, robb.!

Peace.

--Willie

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: "You know, I'm a rather brilliant surgeon. Perhaps I can help you with that hump."

Igor: "What hump?"

"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

Willie, thanks for all you have done for the Lowdowners. Having been there and done this and moved on to be a "rank & file" Lowdowner there is definitely life here after being a moderator and look forward to your continued posts.

robb., welcome to your new role here at the Lowdown!

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Fellow forumites,

...for him as an upright dude and all-around good person.

Anyway, I'll be around these parts. I look forward to the ongoing conversations.

Good luck, robb.!

Peace.

--Willie

Whoa, robb's doubling on upright now!?

;)

Alls I know is that there's some serious shoes to fill, but I'm confident robb will do a great job. Congrats robb.

Best wishes to you SW.. don't be a stranger!

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Dr. Sweets: Thank you for your time and assistance, sir.

robb.: I suggest that, as your first official action, you delete all threads that don't include the words "Crown", "Peavey", "JBL" or "V4" in the title. :poke:

Archived