Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jimmie Thackery

picker

Wow.

I saw him play last night, and he is the total package. The man's playing has soul, speed, taste, and tone, all with a whimsical touch of humor. He enjoys what he does, and shows. He's one of the best I ever saw. Frankly, he's everything I admire in a player.

Believe it or not, he had one of the fullest, richest, phattest guitar sounds you'll ever heard, using the same stage backline amps everybody else on the bill used. And, he made this awe-inspiring noise on a Strat retrofitted with a FLOYD! I read about that guitar a while back. He had to get a big chunk of bowling ball material set in where the bridge rout was because the body had cracked where the previous owner had done a crummy job of installing the Floyd. SP much for Floyds sounding thin...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He played the V with The Nighthawks, and , I think, for a little while after he left them. He's been playing that strat for several years now.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Jimmy is cool guy. Really nice and personable.

I used to cover Cool Guitars but quit doing it when I decided to no longer sing anything in public I would be ashamed to sing in front of my Mom.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Wow everything is on YouTube.

[video:youtube]

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Archived