Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

O/T - Musicians - it's as well we can play

stillplaying

Just in from playing a wedding in a big fancy hotel house thingy in the middle of the Scottish countryside in Fife, near St Andrews.

Went great, guys played well and had them dancing all night. Bride and groom hired three coaches so the guests could drink and be sure of a lift back to Dundee.

I was out in the back car park getting my car, came back, the band guys had left on the coaches and their gear's just lying there. Told the wedding organiser woman they were too drunk to drive home,got on one of the buses and ...

I'm not even sure the guys are all from Dundee.

Musicians eh - what are we like.

Good night.

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Aidan. LOL. You're not kidding.

Before I moved here I'd heard they deep fry Mars bars in the chippies (they do). I've also seen deep fried Malteasers in a chip shop in Coupar Angus and deep fried pizza (they stick it into the hot fat like a battered fish) here in Perth.

Dundee has more varieties of pie than the Eskimos have words for snow.

@John The wedding/staff organiser woman - who wasn't a bit happy at the prospect of them not turning up at nine am to let her team get the room ready for lunch - smiled when she heard my accent and realised the only sober person in the band was Irish.

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

Frankie Boyle (for our non-British friends who may not know, is a Scottish comedian) said -

Quote = "the most Scottish thing I've ever seen was when I was driving through a town just outside of Glasgow.

There was a drunken man having a piss against a doorway.....

then, he took his keys out of his pocket & let himself in" ! :snax:

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

Archived