Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New vsl stuff, GAS comming..

User_35092

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MIR has been around for several years now, so I'm not sure what is new here. The top link is just an audio sample from their player plug-in. Did I miss an additional link for some new product that's coming up?

MIR is Windows-only, and even at that, is restricted just to Windows 7. They've explained their reasons why, and that this is unlikely to ever change (though I think I remember seeing a recent announcement that they might look into the feasibility of a 64-bit only version that would only run on the latest Macs).

By "difficult to program", are you referring to end user tweaks, or how hard it is for VSL to write the software for MIR? If the latter, I can tell you that it's some of the most challenging audio software written to date.

I really wish MIR was available for the Mac, but as of last night, those of us with the excellent Vienna Suite (my go-to effects plug-in for almost everything), received a free "Hybrid Reverb" to go along with the "Master Reverb", so now we have convo + algo together. Obviously nowhere near the sophistication of MIR, but it's still beyond quite a bit of the competition.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived