Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rondo Tele update

picker

Well, after a few weeks of playing it, and few small but necessary adjustments, I feel comfortable saying this is a good guitar.

The first problem I found was with the bridge pickup. It would not stay height adjusted. It seems the screws were slightly loose, and the springs were pushing it out of place. I put a set of nuts with plastic inserts underneath the pickup, and the problem was solved. Probably a set of wider diameter screws would fix the problem too.

The pickups needed to be adjusted to balance their output, but that was minor enough. And, the neck curvature & the string height needed to be set up, but it was easy to do.

It still sounds great, and plays quite well. The only thing that remains to be seen is if it holds up over time. Eventually, I'll want to change out the pots & switch, but they work fine for now. So it sits, I wouldn't be worried about playing it anywhere.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a Rondo SX Strat with P90's. Same stuff, adjustments and that was it. It's about 2 years old and although I don't play it as much as my MIM Strat it's held up great. Nice hot P90's. Glad to hear you like your Tele. I've been thinking about getting the Tele with a P90 in the neck.

I have a Rondo SX Strat with P90's. Same stuff, adjustments and that was it. It's about 2 years old and although I don't play it as much as my MIM Strat it's held up great. Nice hot P90's. Glad to hear you like your Tele. I've been thinking about getting the Tele with a P90 in the neck.

Yeah, that's a thought, isn't it?

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived