Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I don't know about you...

Chad Thorne

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotta say, all the way back to my Tejas days, my experience has been this holidays been co-opted into somtoo closely resembling St Paddy's Day...

...& I wonder why it's taken such prominence rather than

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grito_de_Dolores

Never heard of this one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

I know what you mean about Cinco de Mayo ("It's a day when we're ALL Mexicans!"), but I love Mexican guitar music. Any excuse to break out baby Raimundo and fudge my way through some!

Gotta say, all the way back to my Tejas days, my experience has been this holidays been co-opted into somtoo closely resembling St Paddy's Day...

...& I wonder why it's taken such prominence rather than

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grito_de_Dolores

Yeah that sounds like a whole lot more fun than St Paddy's????

Can you blame them for hating the French?

the town I live in Lexinton Nebraska is 60% hispanic.

The day and whole weekend is full of parades and food fairs.

There is nothing i enjoy consuming more than Mexican food

and a couple Pacifico Cervesas!

Why do you lay down? I say that it beats standing up! whats got you feeling so down? I hold up my empty cup!

Every May 5th I force myself to chug a couple shots of Jose Cuervo. Just being respectful, ya know? :cool:

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

I lived in Mexico for a year and a half in 1984 or so - in Ciudad Juarez, back before you had to dodge bullets on a daily basis... and went to school in El Paso during the day.

I love the Mexican people, but don't really like ranchero music. Sometimes though, if I go eat huevos rancheros or tacos at local Mexican restaurants, I am exposed to it. That's cool - to the regulars, it's a little piece of THEIR country, and they're entitled to it!

My wife is Colombian, and she's about as Mexican as I am Chinese, LOL!

Happy belated Cinco...must admit I did'nt miss the salute as I drink a shot of Presidente Mexican Brandy every day...(for medicinal reasons of course)...love the music too...and will have a shot during the replay of the vid... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Archived