Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Warwick/BP DVD Freebie

Paul K

Ladies and Gentlemen

OK, so the disc didn't work in my car so I put it in my 'puter 'cause I'm hip like that. Fun disc, but it sure points out how un-funky I am. Really. I'm, like, Pompalamoose un-funky. I'm way funkier than the cats I usually play with, but that's not saying much. So: I'm gonna pull out the bass with frets on it and see if I can fix that situation just a little bit at a time.

Really, though. It's a fun disc. I'll bet that Victor W. kinda wishes that Fender would buy out Fodera, 'cause then he could have attended that bus party.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just about to post about that DVD, and wow do I agree.

Lots of made up on the spot, super funky jamming, and everyone else on that bus just joins in (when I would be sitting with my mouth open).

"Of all the world's bassists, I'm one of them!" - Lug

It came in the mail with the latest issue of Bass Player mag. Not sure if it's bundled with the news stand version.

I only watched a few minutes of it yesterday; I'm hoping it gets better. Maybe I'm just not funky enough (I'll freely admit that).

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

It came in the mail with the latest issue of Bass Player mag.

As did mine. Interresting disc but too short and left me wanting more. I was hoping for some on stage performances along with the noodling on the bus. I did notice I liked the sound of the Streamer better which seemed fuller than the Thumb which seemed pretty thin on the high end.

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

The June issue with Entwistle on the cover? Mine came sans DVD.

That's cause we are the chosen ones. I'd mail mine to you in a week or so it you'd like. youtube is cool but it's not high def. At least I think it's not high def. PM with your address if you want it.

I think they were singling out the unfunkiest of the unfunky. I got one and I make Pompalamooose look like Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.

:D:D:D

That's right. Three of them.

Very strange that they didn't include it for all subscribers!

I'm happy to mail my copy to anyone who didn't get one - send me a message with your address.

"Of all the world's bassists, I'm one of them!" - Lug

• 2 months later...

Archived