Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha Vintage Collection plug-ins

zephonic

local: Korg Nautilus 61 AT | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer | 16" MBP M1 Max

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that you mention it, I'm wishing it was a vintage synth collection!

local: Korg Nautilus 61 AT | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer | 16" MBP M1 Max

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

I believe Yamaha will release a VST with their "Best Of...sounds" within the next 2-3 years. Could be wishful thinking on my part. :):cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Now that you mention it, I'm wishing it was a vintage synth collection!

Here's a great Idea!

Since technology has finally caught up and all the outboard gear to make things happen is a available...

How bout a GX-1 collection?

in 35 friggin years, no one but Arturia and a few random blips have put together a GX-1 package.

I've heard the Arturia offering and it's decent but not what it could be.

I'm not asking for a three manual monster, but if I have two midi/usb boards and a decent interface, what is stopping thses guys from ressurecting some "choice" GX-1 software?

You could probably fit the original GX-1 data on a single chip-set.

til then, I'll keep on with programming with my search for the holy grail of synths.

Although it's sample-based, you can come closest to the GX-1 via Precisionsound's library for the Yamaha Electone D-85:

http://www.store.precisionsound.net/d85info.php

I bought my copy last night during their April 50% off sale, and it is well worth the tiny investment.

Yes, it is not quite a GX-1 (especially due to being sampled), but there's a lot more GX-1 DNA in Yamaha's Electone Home Organ series than many people realize (do a Google search).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived