Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

recording to pc

Rockitman

I have a Roland RD700SX and have hooked it to my Windows XP pc via USB cable and have installed the drivers.

What else do I need to be able to record and create MP3 files of my piano playing?

I have Audacity but it doesn't recognize the Roland anywhere.

Is USB the way to go?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would need to record the AUDIO from your Roland into your soundcard or a dedicated audio interface.

The USB is only for transferring files and for MIDI.

BTW, I think your dog needs a vet... stat.

-John

I make software noises.

Read the instructions, pretty easy, they will tell you everything you need to know. They will tell far more than anyone on this forum believe me. You may have to read them several times, but follow them carefully, that is why they are there.

I am really sorry if you are the sort who just doing things and plugging in wires with out reading anything at all, instructions are there for a reason. There is also the "Read Me" file with the driver and with how to record to pc.

I am really sorry if you are the sort who just doing things and plugging in wires with out reading anything at all, instructions are there for a reason.

You make an assumption that may not be true, Jyme B. One post from the OP and you're blasting him for not reading the manual.

We try to be helpful, not condescending here.

Perhaps you should consider editing your post.

Thanks,

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

http://www.majadu.co.uk/ekmps/shops/majadu/images/3%5Bekm%5D260x150%5Bekm%5D.5mm-stereo-mini-jack-to-2-x-6.35mm-1-4-mono-jack-lead-cable-2m-363-p.jpg

^^^ This! ^^^ The big plugs go into the RD700's output jacks and the small one is plugged into the mic/line input on your sound-card/laptop. You may need to tell Audacity which input source to use (wish I could be more specific but I'm not on Windows anymore). Then you're off to the races!

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

I am really sorry if you are the sort who just doing things and plugging in wires with out reading anything at all, instructions are there for a reason.

You make an assumption that may not be true, Jyme B. One post from the OP and you're blasting him for not reading the manual.

We try to be helpful, not condescending here.

Thanks,

Tom

:D:D

Here for the gear.

It'll never happen. I doubt he even reads the threads he posted in.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived