Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: E mail hacked

Ross Brown

I found that my personal e mail account had been hacked and an autoforward set to route copies my incoming mail to another address. :mad: :mad: :mad: I noticed it quickly but this is disturbing. My ISP was not too concerned and told me to just change my password and secret question.... People suck.... :mad: :mad:

Have you had this happen to you? Just Pis*ses me off....

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just be glad it was just your email. Twice in the last few years my ATM card has been "hacked," and used to make fraudulent purchases, the most recent one for more than $300 worth of items from a dollar store (!) in North Carolina. I live about 600 miles away from North Carolina and never lost possession of my card. Somehow these scumbags got my number and went on a spree. My banked just kind of sighed heavily and gave me my money back, fortunately. I think they lose millions of dollars a year in such scams...

I'm always curious why someone who would work so hard to rip off other people couldn't put his or her talents to a more socially beneficial line of work.

"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

I'm always curious why someone who would work so hard to rip off other people couldn't put his or her talents to a more socially beneficial line of work.

You've answered your own question. It's not hard to lift account numbers by the thousands, and the chances of getting caught are extremely slim.

"For instance" is not proof.

or just drop their credit scores to zero and clean out their bank accounts.... then poke them with a sharp pointy stick....
"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Archived