Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need Midi Setup Help Please Ensoniq ASR X and Digital Performer

I'm a midi novice and I'm trying to hook up my Ensoniq ASR X to a USB midi box to digital performer. So far I've been able to transmit midi from dp to the ASR X, but I can't seem to go the other way. It seems to be that the ASR X is not sending any midi info out. I of course can't find the manual for the ASR X and the emu/ensoniq web site is a disaster and doesn't have the pdf available. If anyone know's how to get one of these things to transmit midi I'd be mighty obliged. Thanks in advance....

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The best I can remember is from my EPS. I imagine they work similarly. First, and foremost: You DO have a MIDI cable going from the MIDI [i]OUT[/i] of the ASR to the MIDI [i]IN[/i] of the unit you are sending to. Correct? MIDI is NOT bidirectional. It's a one lane highway. Okay, just making sure... In one of the parameters -possibly 'MIDI' or 'System', there should be an option to [i]"Send keys: Local or MIDI"[/i]. It should read something like that. I believe you want to choose "MIDI". See if that works. If it doesn't we'll try something else. If it does, you owe me five bucks. :thu:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

I owe you five bucks. Now what I really want to find out is if I can record the sequences that the ASR X is playing in DP. It's a breeze making sequences on the ASR, but it would be nice to be able to edit them on the computer.

Archived