Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Idol 2011

Paul K

I haven't seen the results show yet. Really. I haven't. But tonight's show: are the judges on crack? I mean, I think J.Lo gives Haley crap just because she wishes she could sing like that.

Promise I won't check in on this thread til after I watch the results show.....

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still haven't seen the results show that will be on this evening.

I was really sorry to see Ryan Seacrest get voted off this week.

Oh, shoot! Sorry, Paul, for being the spoiler again.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

I still haven't seen the results show that will be on this evening.

I was really sorry to see Ryan Seacrest get voted off this week.

Oh, shoot! Sorry, Paul, for being the spoiler again.

:laugh:

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

OK. Seen it, cheesy dance numbers and all. So stop reading right now if you're still on time delay....

The Steve Tyler video was kinda creepy for me. But who am I to talk? I've got an unhealthy infatuation with Haley.

I liked very much Lady Gaga's advice; it was insightful and very helpful. But what was with those Star Trek bump things glued to her temples? I don't think that will catch on even with the kids.

and yup. I'm sad that the sappy Jesus-9/11 tearjerker thing worked for the guy with the crooked mic. I'm telling ya, he's gonna win. No, sir; not happy about it, but.... It was fun watching the kids get freaked out by Gaga. That's what happens when you've never been to NYC.

Oh. "She's never been to NYC": A good starting point for a song. Gotta write a song today in the downtime.

I guess I'm too old to understand this love for GaGa. I think she is coarse and creepy. My wife says she has a good voice. I think it is sad that we idolize someone like that. But, you know, I'm an old Fart.

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

The Steve Tyler video was kinda creepy for me.

Yea..... It was. Big age differential between him and subjects.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

I guess I'm too old to understand this love for GaGa. I think she is coarse and creepy. My wife says she has a good voice. I think it is sad that we idolize someone like that. But, you know, I'm an old Fart.

I know she sort of sings and plays piano, but I think of her more as a performance artist than a musician. For some reason, I find her oddly entertaining and almost kind of endearing. Not sure precisely why, though.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

Female version of a cross between David Bowie an Marilyn Mason. :D

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Rocky

Gaga is lots like other entertainers out there: just not for me.

But her performance advice was spot on: sing into the mic, not around it; move your damn hips; be a little dramatic by making your breath a part of the lyrics. Much more informative than, "You've got to bring your "A" game every week, dog."

Course and creepy? Oh yes. But at least everybody knows who she is. Nobody knows who in hell I am.

(Fingers in ears)

La La La La La Lalalala

I can't hear you!!!!

Didn't see the results show yet, and the DVR stopped recording after the first two rounds of songs. Gonna have to youtube the last three songs. The wife and I have a great drinking game: a shot each time Steven says, "That was beautiful". Two shots if he says "That was just beautiful".

OK. I saw the show. I can open my eyes now. And i've finally sobered up.

Me? Not surprised, as it's a "call in" popularity contest, not a singing contest. But damn; I'd buy Haley's disc.

Scotty's gonna win it. He'll turn up the southern pukey-voice for the last bunch of tunes, praise god, and cry a little at the end. The winning trifecta. I don't think he'll be able to cram in another 9-11 reference; that'd be just too damn much.

I agree that Scotty will win. Thought so long ago when my 15 year old girl sat on the couch swooning over him weeks ago....

I prefered Haley.... I don't vote.

Oh, what a slog the finale was. My thoughts: I'm pretty sure Randy was dressed up for his after-hours gig selling ice cream on the Good Humor truck. That, and the fat bottom girls really weren't. And if Durban is gonna go sleeveless, he's gonna have to hit up the gym; and I'm surprised nobody got hurt when they hugged at the end. You'd have thought that a stray spike would have put someone's eye out. Goddamn devil music. But really, in spite of the couple of VERY cheesy dance numbers, what a ton of production work must have gone into the last two night's TV; very impressive. And the band kicked it like they were in it to win it.

I can only take solace that all of the guy winners of Idol have done nothing since taking the crown.

Looking back, I think it was the best season ever. Many very talented singers. The Finale was disappointing in the song selection and the so called, "Big Stars". I miss Simon's shocking critiques. I get bored when all 3 judges just praise every performance. Oh well, it was a very good year.

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Archived