Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tron Legacy Score

ABECK

I just saw Tron Legacy and was pleased as punch with the score. Daft Punk did a very respectable job. Lots of analog goodness (they also worked with an orchestrator for certain scenes). They definitely had a Wendy Carlos / Vangelis / John Carpenter vibe going on. Thumbs up.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was good enough. It's best to just go with it and not ask questions like "Why didn't he just do that at the beginning of the movie?"

There were several exciting climactic action scenes, separated by too many slow, emotional scenes. I'd still recommend it though.

They definitely had a Wendy Carlos / Vangelis / John Carpenter vibe going on. Thumbs up.
"Daft Punk cited Wendy Carlos, the composer of the original Tron film, as inspiration for the soundtrack as well as Max Steiner, Bernard Herrmann, John Carpenter, Vangelis and Maurice Jarre."

-Wikipedia

The 'Inception' tone definitely made its way into the score quite a bit throughout the movie, actually so much so that I was under the impression Zimmer had worked on this score as well. I'd wager to say that we're going to be stuck with that for many many films to come.

The film itself was just terrible, perhaps one of the worst I've ever seen, but the visuals and the score were definitely very enjoyable. :thu:

Wendy Carlos wrote and played the whole score on her huge modular and other newer synths so ABEK you are correct.

I had only heard and red a little of Wendy but after you commented on the score and the trailers shown on TV I was more curious than ever.

Wendy Carlos was actually playing and into synths before Bob Moog was, I believe that is what I red from her site. She has a masters in music physics which odd but not really if one has taken more than one physics course which I have.

Wendy explained that surround sound was invented in the 50's, just after stereo came to be. If any are interested in Wendy I strongly suggest visiting her site. She is an incredibly capable woman still, very impressive.

Archived